Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday's Lunch (June 14, 2015)


For today's lunch I went to Churrascos in Sugar Land.  It is located at U. S. 59 and State Highway 6, in the same center as Whole Foods.  It is on the opposite end of the shopping center from Whole Foods. 

As always I sat at the bar.  My bartender and server was Jose, who did an excellent job of taking care of me.  For my appetizer I had the Copacabana Ceviche.  It contains Peruvian blue tilapia, gulf shrimp and calamari with jalapeno, red onions and cilantro.


As you can see, it is served in a hollowed section of pineapple.  It may be hard to believe, but it tasted just as wonderful as it looks.  The tilapia was not the least bit fishy tasting.  The shrimp was tender and the small pieces of fried calamari really set it off.  It also had slices of avocado and small cubes of pineapple.  Absolutely delicious.

For my entrée I had the Filete en Salsa Jalapena.  This is grilled beef steak with onion jalapeno cream, avocado mousse and a poblano cheese stuffed flauta.


As you can see, the steak is also topped with avocado and pico.  The steak was tender and prepared just as I ordered it.  The jalapeno cream gave it an extra kick, and the avocado mousse was whipped to perfection.  The flautas were fresh and crisp.

On top of this they gave me a complimentary sample plate which included plantains, yucca puffs, pickled onions and a rice and bean combination that I did not catch the name of.  It was all very good.


I would highly recommend Churrascos to anyone.  I will definitely be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment